Your personal data includes any information about you ( Personal data "). Data processing means any processing of your Personal Data such as collection, retention, storage, adaptation, use, transfer, disclosure, etc. (" Treatment "). References in this Policy to "Kookie", "we" or "us" are references to Kookie.ch
1. Who are we?
We are the data controller of your personal data under this Policy and act as the data controller. If you have any questions about this Policy or the processing of your personal data, you can contact us at the following address
Kookie SA, Rue du Chasseron 4, 1450 Ste-Croix.
2. The personal data we process
We collect your Personal Information when you interact with us, for example when you communicate with our staff, purchase or sell an item on our Platform or when you sign up to receive information and/or brochures or other advertising.
The personal data we process about you includes:
- technical information when visiting and using the Platform services (e.g. your IP address, browser, device type);
- your contact details (e.g. name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth);
- your financial information (e.g. credit card number, payment amount, transaction data);
- information relating to our services (e.g. your offers, orders, purchases, purchasing cards, account information, your role as a buyer or seller);
- additional information related to your visit to the Platform (e.g. product pages you visit, interaction with other users of the Platform, information about the frequency of your visits to the Platform);
- information relating to documents and communications that we send to you electronically (for example, newsletters);
- additional information provided to us in the course of providing our services to you (e.g. information to deal with your enquiries, complaints, information about your communication with us by telephone, chat, e-mail).
3. How and for what purpose we process your Personal Data
We use your Personal Information:
- to provide and improve our services to you and our users, including Personal Data of other persons that is provided to us or that we collect on behalf of our users, for example by processing identifying information as part of our Platform, for financial and administrative purposes and for managing the relationship with users (e.g., billing purposes, newsletter services);
- to provide and improve our Platform, including monitoring and evaluating its use;
- for customer care and promotion of our services, including sending alerts, updates and marketing communications;
- to comply with our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
4. Automated decisions
Automated decision" means any Processing which results in a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling (i.e. without any human intervention, e.g. on the basis of automated algorithm techniques), which has legal or similar significant effects on the data subjects.
We do not use a Treatment that relies on such processes.
5. What we use your Personal Information for
We process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- for the performance of a contract;
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or proceedings;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- for legitimate interests.
More information can be found in chapter 3 "How and for what purpose we process your Personal Data".
6. With whom we share your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Data with trusted third parties who process your Personal Data on our behalf, including
- service providers (e.g. IT/hosting/payment service providers);
- other parties (e.g. lawyers, consultants, auditors);
In addition, we may share your Personal Data if we are required to do so by law or legal process, for example because of a decision of a court or public authority, where we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate for our legitimate interests, for example to prevent harm or financial loss, in connection with an investigation into suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, and in the event that we sell or transfer (or are considering selling or transferring) all or part of our business or assets (including in the event of reorganisation, dissolution or winding up).
We do not disclose your Personal Information to other parties who may use it for their own purposes, including third party marketing.
7. The countries to which we transfer your Personal Information
We may transfer your Personal Data to recipients abroad, including countries that do not offer the same level of protection as Swiss and/or EU law. Prior to any transfer, we will put in place appropriate safeguards to protect your Personal Data, for example by requiring the recipient to accept standard contractual clauses. If you would like to receive a copy of these safeguards, please contact us via the channels indicated under Chapter 1 "Who we are".
We may also transfer personal data with your explicit consent and in certain other situations permitted by applicable law.
Cookies are used to store information that is linked to the specific device being used. However, this does not mean that we are immediately informed of your identity.
In addition, to improve usability, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specific period of time. If you visit our Platform again to take advantage of our services, it will automatically recognise that you have been here before and what entries and settings you have made, so that you will not have to re-enter them.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can set your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer, or so that you are prompted before a new cookie is set. However, disabling cookies completely may mean that you cannot use all the features of our website.
9. Tracking, targeting and third party social plugins
We use various tracking and targeting tools, including analytical services. Please note that we are not responsible for the processing by these third parties. If you would like to know more about how these third parties process your Personal Data, please see their own privacy policies.
Our websites use Google Analyticsa web analysis service provided by Google LLC (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, hereinafter "Google"). In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies (see chapter 8) are used. Information is generated by the cookie about your use of the website, such as :
- Browser type/version;
- the operating system used,
- Reference URL (the page previously visited) ;
- host name of the access terminal (IP address) ;
- the time of the server request.
This information is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. This information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage for market research purposes and to adapt the design of our website. This information may also be passed on to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data on our behalf. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other data provided by Google. IP addresses are anonymised, so that no such merging is possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we must point out that in this case, not all the features of our website may be fully functional.
In addition, you can prevent the collection of data generated by cookies related to your use of the Platform and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on.
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent data collection by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie will be set which will prevent the future collection of your data when you visit this website. The deactivation cookie is only valid on this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must reinstall the deactivation cookie.
10. How we store your Personal Information
We retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and for as long as we have a legitimate interest in retaining it, for example to assert or defend claims or for archiving and IT security purposes. We also retain your personal data for as long as it is subject to a legal retention obligation.
11. How we protect your Personal Information
We use various technical and organisational measures to help us protect your Personal Data from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction and to ensure an adequate level of data protection and security when processing your Personal Data.
12. Your rights
You have the following rights:
- Request details of the personal data we hold about you and how we process it and to receive a copy of your personal data;
- To have your data corrected or deleted, to restrict the Processing of such data and to object to the Processing of your Personal Data;
- Withdraw your consent (to the extent that the Processing is based on your consent). Please note, however, that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent, we may be able to continue processing your personal data to the extent required or permitted by law;
- File a request concerning the Processing of your Personal Data with a local supervisory authority, in Switzerland with the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
We need to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and up-to-date. Therefore, if you wish to exercise your rights or if there are any changes to the Personal Information you have shared with us, please contact us through the channels indicated above in Chapter 1 "Who we are".
13. Amendment of the Policy
Last update : July 2021